Thunder! Thunder! Thunder! (insert monster truck voice)
Oh yeah, it’s the 10th annual Rolling Thunder Cyclocross race this Saturday and Sunday at Big Sky Brewing Company. True story. This year’s main event rolls through the brewery. To get the inside scoop on how to handle the race day spectating, we asked Thunder Grandfather and the Voice of Thunder Shaun Radley his recommendations.
- Heckle your favorite racer. Yes, that’s right heckle the heck out of your favorite racer. It’s a tradition in cyclocross to cheer and cheer loud, the more creative the better. Got a bell, noise maker, or early Halloween costume, bring it and get loud!
- Bring your kids. We have a bounce house and the best kid’s race you’ve ever seen. When was the last time you saw 40 kid’s on strider bikes running over wood barriers? Bonus peanuts: every kid gets a prize.
- Hit the Beer Tent. The Cycling House and Big Sky Brewing Co. will have beer flowing at beer tent. Even better, all the beer donations go straight to the men’s and women’s elite prize purse. If you want them to racer harder, then drink more BEER.
- Whoop, whoop. You must watch the sand pit, run up, and table top to whoops sections. You will be amazed at how the riders handle and sometimes don’t handle these sections.
- Go inside. When is the last time you watched a cyclocross in a brewery? Exactly, so take a trip inside the brewery, watch the action, and drink a cold one.
For more information on this week’s racing visiting the Rolling Thunder home page or Facebook page. Have fun and good luck.
* Photo by Tom Robertson