Once again, we’ll be providing an ice cold beer at the Missoula Marathon Finish Line. Heck, a beer or two has been known to make an appearance on the course, right next to the bacon and pancakes around mile 22. We’re also hosting a Missoula Marathon Registration Party, Wednesday, January 28th for 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Stop by, drink some beer on us, and get signed up for the main event.
Since we’re on the topic, we thought we’d ask one of our sponsored athlete’s, Linsey Corbin, for some running tips to get you started. Truth be told, Linsey’s never run the Missoula Marathon, because it falls in the middle of her Ironman race schedule. As a 5-time Ironman Champion and American Record holder, she did run two sub 3 hour marathons last year–after swimming 2.4 miles, and biking 112. So, she does know a thing or two about a long run.
In no particular order, Linsey’s advice is…
- Find a group of friends or local training program to prepare for the race! It will make the miles go by fast, be a great motivator, and you can learn a lot from those around you.
- You don’t need to be a hero in one workout. Being consistent with day-in and day-out training is much more important.
- Don’t be afraid to take rest days & take the easy runs really easy.
- Practice race-day nutrition in training so there are no surprises on race day.
- Get a new pair of running shoes that fit great and make you feel good.
- Set small goals that are attainable along the way to help you reach your big “dream” race-day goal: daily, weekly, monthly, race day benchmarks.
- Have fun with it! You are running a marathon.
- Watch out for Mile 22.
Oh yeah, we forgot to mention, Linsey likes to cheer on the Missoula Marathon with beer, bacon and pancakes at Mile 22.